Boston’s hottest news blog, BostInno, hosted their 2nd Annual 50 on Fire awards last Thursday at the Joseph Moakley Courthouse in the Innovation District. An esteemed panel of judges chose 200 finalists from the 2,000 nominations and on Thursday, the 50 winners were announced via a a hip video (check Nanigans out at the 5:42 mark at the end of the post). But what does it mean to be on fire? BostInno defines being “on fire” as, “proven growth, public accolades, and hard metrics of kicking ass mixed with creativity, bravery and presence”–or simply put, companies making a big impact in Boston.
Now that we all understand what being “on fire” means, how is Nanigans still “on fire” since winning the first 50 on Fire award?
- Revenues have grown consistently at 100% yearly growth rate over the last three years, growing revenues 10X since our initial funding in August 2011
- The team has expanded by 50% and we’ve expanded into London and Asia, bringing our office count to 5.
- Nanigans won MITX’s Best in Show at their Innovation Awards.
- The Nanigans’ Culture Deck was published in the Harvard Business Review and has received over 60,000 views on Slideshare.
- The Value Added Reseller (VAR) program launched; partners include Amp Agency and Merkle.
- This summer Nanigans successfully partnered with Startup Institute Boston to mentor and educate students on the challenges startups face everyday.
The city of Boston has played a huge role in Nanigans’ continued growth; we have wonderful advisors, customers, and cheerleaders all hailing from Boston. Boston’s support of the startup culture and success has helped bring Nanigans’ national and international success.
We would like to say congratulations to other winners and thank BostInno and the judges for recognizing Nanigans. We’re going to set some more things “on fire” now, bye.
Watch the video announcing the 50 on Fire winners here (Nanigans is announced at the 5:42 mark):