Programmatic’s Growth By The Numbers
ANA represents many of the country’s largest advertisers such as Procter & Gamble, General Motors and AT&T. Programmatic advertising presents these businesses with the granular targeting and real-time optimization that they need to keep ahead of digital marketing trends. This crucial competitive advantage has driven more than 2X growth in programmatic advertising adoption over the past few years:
Programmatic Moves In-House
Programmatic ad buying isn’t the only trend cited in the ANA report. The survey shows that a growing number of marketers are choosing to take their programmatic advertising in-house instead of outsourcing the function to agencies.
Programmatic Is The Future
The ANA isn’t alone in touting the rise of programmatic. According to eMarketer, programmatic ad spending will continue its growth this year and beyond. In fact, next year’s forecast predicts that programmatic ad spending will exceed $27 billion.
On top of the granular targeting and real-time optimization that comes with programmatic advertising, companies who take the additional step of shifting to in-house campaign management gain benefits such as speed to market, data control, ease of cross-channel buying and cost savings. Digital marketers who haven’t yet considered in-house advertising should take a look at this seismic industry shift and consider making a change.
Is In-House Programmatic Right For You?
Should you be joining the growing club of businesses driving their advertising revenue through in-house programmatic? Ask yourself the following questions.
Is my business:
- Engaged in both customer acquisition and remarketing?
- Spending a significant percentage of budget on newer forms of marketing like social marketing and mobile?
- Investing in online marketing as a key driver of success?
- Led by a CEO, CMO or VP of Marketing who truly understands and embraces data-driven marketing?
- Already advertising at scale on multiple channels?
- Focused on direct response related goals (beyond branding or awareness)?
- Prepared to invest in software and recruiting top in-house talent?
If you answered most of these questions with yes, then in-house programmatic is likely to be a great fit for your company.
Ready to take control of your digital advertising? Get practical insight and tips on how to set an in-house team up for performance marketing success.
Download the eBook