1. Try Out Mobile-Friendly Ad Types
Serving ads on mobile devices means people can interact with your ads in a whole new way:
- For example, mobile app install ads are giving gaming audiences the power to immediately download and play a title with just a few clicks on a smartphone. In a marketplace where there are numerous brands and businesses competing for attention, delivering instant gratification to users increases the likelihood of making them engaged long-term customers.
- Video ads have been shown to deliver higher CTRs for some Nanigans clients. These interactive ad units perform extremely well on mobile, where they take center stage in the news feed.
- Because more than half a billion people access Facebook solely from mobile devices, the platform is perfect for retargeting campaigns. Ecommerce companies can use mobile ads to reach this large population of potential customers, using Facebook’s Dynamic Product Ads (DPAs) to remind website and app browsers about products that they’ve shown an interest in. For one Nanigans customer, DPAs led to a 44% increase in mobile purchase rates.
2. Target Mobile-Minded Millennial Audiences
While the popularity of mobile is growing globally, mobile use is particularly prevalent among certain age groups. If your best customers fall within a younger demographic, mobile is where you want to be. According to Pew Research, smartphone ownership is especially saturated amongst the 18-29 set:
3. Revamp Your Creative
Mobile means audiences will be viewing your ads on an additional screen, which brings a new set of creative considerations. When building creative for mobile ads, keep the following in mind:
- Ads will be directly integrated with the Facebook news feed, so they need to compete with organic content.
- Make images for your ads that are bold, simple and beautiful. This will make them eye-catching and easy to see on the smaller screens of mobile devices.
- Use a compelling call-to-action (CTA) to get users to respond to your ad.
- Run a creative test to ensure you’re using the most impactful image and copy combinations.
- Combat ad fatigue by using new creative for your mobile ads and refreshing your ads regularly. This way users won’t be shown the same ad many times across many devices.
- Employ cross-device tracking or integrate an SDK in your app to make sure you’re getting a complete picture of the customer journey.
- If your ads will be driving traffic back to your site, make sure that it’s optimized for mobile viewing.
- Segment your ads by mobile device. This will give you a deeper insight into your mobile conversion funnel.
- Maximize your campaign reach by expanding your ads to mobile web and in-app campaign ads.
Advertising on mobile is a game changer that provides advertisers with a new range of marketing maneuvers and abilities.
Don’t leave revenue on the table. Learn how to intelligently promote the most relevant products from your catalog to customers on any device.
Get the Dynamic Product Ad Guide