Published by Facebook on Friday in the Marketing API Directory, the case study outlines an effective Facebook advertising strategy that leverages both Marketplace Ads and Sponsored Stories.
- Acquired 169,000 new players during the 4-week campaign
- Increased Fashion Designer’s daily active user base to 390,000 customers and monthly active user base to over 3.3 million
- Increased conversion rates by 60% and decreased cost per installs (CPIs) by 45%
- Marketplace Ads and Sponsored Stories are best used in combination to enable efficient acquisition of high-value customers
- Marketplace Ads are instrumental in driving awareness and testing for converting and profitable audience segments
- Sponsored Stories are an effective method to drive social referrals once a critical mass of customers exists and a clear understanding of valuable customer characteristics are identified
With the goal of increasing awareness and engagement for 50 Cubes’ game Fashion Designer, we first employed Marketplace Ads to trigger awareness for the game and identify valuable audience segments. Given 50 Cubes’ advertising goal, valuable audiences were those players who not only installed Fashion Designer, but who became high-value, daily active users of the game.
After a core install base was built using this approach, we then used audience learnings to target Sponsored Stories ads to players’ friends who shared similar characteristics to high-value, daily active players of the game. Thanks to this targeting and the power of social referrals embedded in Sponsored Stories, we successfully drove a second wave of players to the game in a cost-efficient manner.
The Nanigans Ad Engine automated the entire process of advertising for Fashion Designer on Facebook. This automation included campaign management, such as bid strategy and budget allocation, as well as continuous optimization based on real-time audience and engagement data.